Saturday, April 25, 2009

Troy's New Friend - and other updates...

Meet Lucy, turtle number two, found at the Hudgen's house. Elizabeth knew we were suckers for turtles and most anything else with four legs so she called us to see if Troy needed a new friend. David, VERY RELUCTANTLY went down with me to get Lucy. I think the fact that the number of pets has exceeded the number of humans in the Cerra family is what had him a little gun shy. Lucy has a little bit of mulch stuck on her head in this picture but she is a cute and active turtle. She'll go to PetSmart for a quick check up and if all goes well, she and Troy will become roommates.

Meet Lucy, the newest member of the Cerra family.

Lucy will have to get used to the craziness around here. It was what most of us would call a warm day, but Lindsey was certain she would "not be cozy" if she didn't have a coat on. I thought I had convinced her otherwise until she rounded the corner in this lovely outerwear combination. Everyone should have an ear warmer handy in case the wind picks up on a warm Spring day.

The past few weeks I have really been into cooking. Lindsey is enjoying being my helper and wants to do it just like I do it - which means real knives when chopping garlic. I took my chances, stayed close, but let her mince garlic all on her own. She did a great job and was very pleased with our fettuccine alfredo we made together.

Molly is making her dad so very happy these days - she now "loves Rock and Roll" and wants to learn to play the guitar, as long as she can have a pink one.

While Molly was proclaiming her love for Rock and Roll, Lindsey was drawing a picture of the two of us and wrote "mom" for the first time.

These are the cake pops the girls and I made for Lindsey's class on Friday. I told you I've been nuts these past few weeks being oh so domestic.

After decorating cake pops, Molly had the need to decorate her room. Who knew you could use Easter basket grass as a bed side accessory.

I started my photography classes and have been practicing on the animals and the girls. See how the background is blurred. A new skill I picked up. Lots more to learn but I am having fun playing around with my camera.

Molly is always happy to pose for me. Using a new flash to see how it helps with lighting. Can't tell much of a difference but I still like the picture of my sweet girl.


Up close...if only I had editing software to remove chapped lips and chocolate!

Lindsey with a cute and crooked smile.


While Crystal and I went to lunch with an elderly neighbor, David took care of the kids. He fed them fudge pops which they enjoyed eating as much as they did wearing them. I love it that he grabbed the camera to take a picture of these cute and messy friends.

The girls have decided that pulling their babies behind them on bikes is a lot of fun. Each one of them now has a stroller in tow.

After seeing Pinocchio at the Marionette Theatre (thanks to Pop) they came home and set up a lemonade and grape stand. It's an improvement from the water sale they had in the Fall.

A great way to end a fun week!

1 comment:

Nana said...

You have your own little pet sanctuary going. The girls are so photogenic, you have really great subjects to practice with. The camping trip looked like lots of fun but I too would opt for the pedicure.

Love, Fran