Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"Half Teenager"

David and I were sitting on the couch waiting for the girls to finish getting ready for bed. Molly came in to go through the check list of things David had told her to do. She wanted to know if we noticed something different about her.

Me: You have a clip in your hair and you are wearing a swim cover up for pajamas.

Molly: Yes, but did you notice these? (She was pointing to her boobs.) They've gotten bigger. Now I am half teenager.

She giggled and flitted off excitedly and David let out the biggest "Oh booooooy" you can imagine. I guess I should be thankful "oh boy" was all he said. As for those "for real" teenage years we'll experience in the future...they're going to be rough here in the Cerra house.

3 comments:

Reba Reed said...

Blessings upon you! The girl is going to give you a run for your money, but she remains so dear and kind because of the values that you continue to teach. Those values coupled with your open communication will keep her on the straight and somewhat narrow...or at least allow her to ask you questions or make statements that will shake you to your core. I'm still learning with Chloe. :)

Anonymous said...

I have only one thing to say "GOOD LUCK" !!!

I love you all! Grammy

Anonymous said...

Drop the top honey and lets have a look at those sweet sexy nipples!