Friday, February 6, 2009

For my girls....one day

I love Facebook. I mean, I REALLY REALLY LOVE Facebook. It's a problem. So, when I got "tagged" to write 25 random things about myself, I did because I participate in all things related to FB. This is for my girls to read one day. A glimpse into my life on a cold day in January.

25 Random Facts About Christina (aka Chris) Rives Cerra:

1. I went on my first real date with David when we were in the 8th grade. I NEVER would have imagined at 24 we'd reconnect and get married. I am thankful we did.
2. I am also thankful that David is the father of our two blessings, Molly and Lindsey.
3. I love animals, especially dogs. I can't handle sad animal stories and I am a sucker for strays.
4. I was a 6th grade teacher for many years and am so grateful to be home with my girls but do miss teaching and one day would like to go back into the classroom.
5. I lived in Germany when I was child and traveled more in those 3 years than I will the rest of my life.
6. My parents provided a stable and loving home for me, my brother, and sister. I wish that wasn't such a rare thing these days.
7. David's dad died when he was 50 and I am fearful I will loose David at an early age.
8. I lack impulse control which can be a problem in many areas of my life.
9. Because I lack impulse, I've had some crazy fun times in my life too, some of which I regret or at least should regret.
10. I am predictable which bugs me.
11. Diet Coke is the best drink ever!
12. I worry about the things I can't control and don't worry enough about the things I can control.
13. We've only been in Columbia for 4 years but it feels like home.
14. I am an extrovert and always have been.
15. My parents saved me from marrying the wrong man and I am most grateful to them for not caring about the money they had put out for the wedding and just caring about what was right for me.
16. A sad story about children, animals, or families will make me tear up and loose sleep. I want to help more people than I know how and that frustrates me.
17. I have only been a Christian for 4 years. I am still growing and still struggling.
18. I would like to be a foster parent one day when the time is right.
19. I have lived in 6 states.
20. I love to read and would like to be in a Book Club.
21. I'm looking forward to taking photograhy classes in March.
22. I want my children to have a strong faith.
23. We have not decided if we want to try and have another baby and I hate it that time is not on our side!
24. I am trying to adopt David's new motto, "It is what it is," but so far it is not working for me.
25. I spend way too much time on Facebook!

No comments: