Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pinky dies....

again! I was less than thrilled to find Pinky, sometimes known as Rainbow fish, died. This time, no switch. Can't keep up this charade - way too much effort. After dinner on Monday night, we broke the news to Molly. As we expected, there were tears. Lots and lots of tears. The fish had to hang around dead a few days in the fish bowl (disgusting) until we could get her buried this afternoon. Lindsey dressed in short-shorts, a princess t-shirt, her bumble bee boots and her winter coat. She played the harmonica and would stop and sing "oh jingle belly to Pinky to walk." Mmmmm, not sure what that was about but Molly seemed please with the music. Molly chose the location and made sure we put the pink rocks and her plant on top of her so she will be easier to spot from her window. No tears through the burial which I was most grateful for. And for now, there hasn't been talk of getting another fish. Glad it hasn't come up, because the answer is a big, fat NO!


A few words about Pinky from Molly-

"This was my second fish the first one Walker gave me for my birthday. Pinky is the fish Lindsey gave me. I loved her so much. One night, Mommy looked at Pinky and took her plant and poked it on Pinky and she didn't move. She could tell Pinky was dead. She was a beta fish. I enjoyed her and she was so pretty and I loved her so much. I buried her by my window so I can see her every morning when I wake up from school. My whole family loved her."

2 comments:

Erin, Rob and Holden said...

RIP Pinky :( The other fish at the pet store must have done a sigh of relief given the track record.

Anonymous said...

Molly, I was so sorry to hear about Pinky. I know you are very sad but have wonderful memories of your little fish. It sounds like Lindsey did a great job of giving Pinky a proper burial. I love you and hope you feel better soon.
xoxoxo Grammy